Thursday, March 10, 2011

Uh-mazing recipe!

Hey, I know I just posted about our last weekend, but I have just a few minutes before the baby wakes again so I wanted to share an amaze-balls recipe!  And besides, that last post was started clear back on Monday...I just never found the time to wrap it up!

So tonight, Maguire and I are hanging out by ourselves because Daddy went to the Big 12 games at the Sprint Center.  Jealous!!!!!!!!  But in all honesty, I really wanted him to be able to go because I know how much he loves college basketball.  I mean, the guy LIVES and BREATHES KU basketball!  I tease him that every single time I turn any tv on in our house, it is always tuned in to ESPN.  No lie!

Since it was just me tonight, I thought I'd whip up a little pasta dish that I made for Mom and I the other day.  Since I'm nursing, I've noticed that soooo many things I eat affect the baby.  I'm trying to stay away from tomatoes and spaghetti sauce, salads and raw vegetables, spicy foods, onions, and limiting my dairy intake.  That last one is a real booger, let me tell you.  Coming from a girl who's normal lunch could easily consist of some cubed cheese, a turkey and cheese sandwich and cottage cheese.  No joke.  This has not been easy!  I digress...back to the topic at hand.

I decided to make a variation of this awesome recipe found here over at The Smitten Kitchen.  It's called "Spaghetti with Lemon and Olive Oil."


The first time I made it, I didn't add the cream.  It was a tad on the dry side but was yummy nonetheless.  Tonight I added a little sour cream because I didn't have the regular cream.  I still thought it was great!  I added a little bread to finish off my carb-load and was thoroughly satisfied for the night!!  So if you're looking for quick and easy, here you go.  P.S. my meat and potato-loving husband probably wouldn't have gone for it but you could always add chicken to make it heartier!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment