Friday, March 4, 2011

Random Ramblings

Lots of fun stuff has been happening in our house lately!  Last Sunday we took Baby Boy to church for the first time!!!  He did so good!  Of course he slept through worship which is soooo incredibly loud, and as soon as it got quiet, he decided it was the perfect time to wake up and start filling his pants!  He wasn't going to last in the carseat so I took him to the "Nursing Mother's" room.  Let me just tell you how I have NO excuse whatsoever for not going to church because I'm afraid of how he'll behave.  The room they have set up has a tv with a live feed of the service so I didn't miss a thing by taking him out of the sanctuary.  It was an ideal setup with dim lights, comfy chairs, a changing station and a privacy curtain!!  So not only do I love going because of the worship and the message, but now I love it even more because of how easy they have made it for a mom with a new baby.  If you're looking for a great place to connect with God, I urge you to check out Heartland.   Don't you just love this handsome little face?!!!!!!




We have also moved Maguire to his crib which made me so incredibly sad!  But he's a noisy little booger in the middle of the night and it really was time for him to sleep in his nursery.  So far, he's been in there for the past 2 nights and has slept better than he was in the pack and play in our room.  He has been going 5 hours between nursing and then 4 hours between.  I have felt GREAT the past couple of days!!!  Happy Boy below!



I am also working on figuring this little man out during the day.  Mid-afternoon to evening is the most difficult for me because he really wants his mommy to hold him all the time and it simply wears me out!  I love that he wants to be held but of course I worry if I'm starting some bad habits.  Here's what I think.....who cares anyway, right?  He will only be a wee baby for a little while.  I'm going to treasure it and love on him as much as I can!  Tonight I made dinner and strapped him into the Baby Bjorn.  He fell asleep and I was actually able to finish making dinner and then eat it while it was still warm...which has not been the case recently!  Handsome little boy below!!



I was also able to return to the gym today which made me feel even more back to normal!!  I absolutely loved it!  Michael stayed at home with Maguire while I went and he told me the little turkey didn't cry once!!  What???  I guess he sat in the crook of his arm and watched tv.  Nice!!!  Anyway, this is enough rambling for now.  We're taking our first road trip this weekend to visit Aunt Rebecca and Uncle Jim for Rebecca's baby shower.  Wish us luck!!!!  It could be a long drive!!!!  I'll end this with a quick shot of what I SWEAR was the start of him smiling!  I {heart} this face!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment