Thursday, March 10, 2011

Family Filled Weekend

What an awesome but exhausting weekend we just had!  Michael, Maguire and myself took a little roadtrip this weekend to visit his sister and brother-in-law in Oklahoma so that I could attend his sister's baby shower.  She is due almost exactly 12 weeks after I was and is having a little boy so I'm sure our two kiddos will have so much fun growing up together and getting into all sorts of trouble! 

Let me just tell you how much work it was to take this little trip though!  My goodness!  Well, I don't have to explain to anyone with kids.  We had to pack tons of crap and it took us an hour longer both coming and going.  I wouldn't trade it though.  Maguire did awesome!  He slept exactly the same as he does at home, going 5 1/2 hours and then 3 hours, so I was very happy with that.  Of course he got lots of attention at the baby shower because he's just so darn cute!  Ha, if I do say so myself!  He got to meet several family members so I was thrilled with that!  Great-Aunt Sue, Great-great Aunt Sue, Great-great Aunt Ronita, Great-grandma Nadine, Great-grandma Evelyn, Aunt Jenna.....just to name a few of the people introduced to Maguire at the shower!  We even took him out to eat for the first time at a noisy bar and grill and he slept through the whole thing!  Proud momma! 




Michael's sister, Brittni, and her boyfriend, Chad, also came to the shower and hung out with us on Saturday and we had a great time with them too, as always!  I didn't take many pics though throughout the weekend and I'm disappointed that I didn't.  Here's a few that I did get though.  Rebecca is 34 weeks along.  Doesn't she look awesome?!!  Brittni makes me feel like I'm in college again so of course we have to "pop a knee" and "hand on hip!!!!"  If there's one thing my brief stint in a sorority taught me, it was that!

Grandma Diane & the babe

Aunt Jenna meets Maguire

Uncle Jim and Maguire

On our way back from Bartlesville, we stopped at my grandparents' house so they could meet the little mister.  It truly is so heartwarming every time I get to see them now.  The older I get, the more I realize how very important family is.  I am always blessed every single time we make the effort to see family.  I know that having the baby makes travelling to visit just that much more difficult, but we have to continue to do it, even more so, as I want Maguire to grow up truly knowing the meaning of being a part of a large, loving family!



Overall, it was an awesome weekend, but we were all very ready to be home at last!!!  Even the little man!

   

1 comment:

  1. I didn't realize until now that Maguire and Rebecca's baby will have the same age difference as Ethan and Eli. Watch out! Trouble ahead! They'll be best friends, just like E and E.

    ReplyDelete