Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Oh those crazy cousins!

Last week was kind of a crazy one...filled with an awesome visit from my sisters and all their babies (though none of them could really be considered "babies" anymore!), Maguire's 2 month checkup, the NCAA tourney (boooo KU---we're still real sad in our house about that one), and then just the various day to day comings and goings that seemed to keep me too busy to pick up my camera and shoot.  Shame on me!!!

Last Thursday, my 2 sisters and sister-in-law came up to visit so they could take the kids to Disney on Ice.  My day started out just straight chaotic!  I have to reflect on that morning a bit because it really was pretty ridiculous!  I don't even remember exactly all the details now, all I know is that I had a major flip-out moment, hormone surge, something crazy and out of my mind!!!!  I was of course busy trying to feed the baby, bathe him, get him ready, soothe him, get him down for a nap, pack his bag, clean the house because everyone was coming over, oh...and take a shower and get ready (yeah right).  On top of that, I wanted to be an all-star entertainer, like I seem to think I am, and prepare lunch for everyone before they got here so we could eat before we all headed out shopping.  Not to mention that I had baked some cinnamon quick bread for Michael for breakfast because of course I'm a rockstar wife like that (totally being sarcastic here!).  But for me to make that fabulous lunch, I needed to go to the grocery store.  Which is not an easy task now with an infant.  So I made a list of about 10 things and not so kindly asked Michael if he would go to the store for me.  He said he didn't want to spend all morning there because he had to go to work at 1.  Anyway, he comes home....long story short, he doesn't get the chicken for the chicken salad sandwiches because.....ummmmm, well I didn't put it on the list!  Enter total meltdown scene here.  I'll spare you the details but there were lots of tears shed.  Michael was so sweet about it but of course I felt like a guilty loser afterwards!  My sisters were so sweet and came over and we fed the kids turkey sandwiches and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and they could have cared less that there was no fresh fruit salad or pretty little chicken salad sandwiches for lunch.  My point being....I'm learning slowly, taking it day by day, how to balance this new life I have now.  I can still be a great wife, mom and entertainer but there are just some days/things that just aren't that important! 

Anyway, crisis averted!!!  So I guess it was the next day that we ended up heading to the mall.  It cracked me up that there were 5 of us girls (including Mom), 5 kids, one infant, 2 strollers, and 4 SUVs just to go to the mall!!!  I would have great pictures from their visit but does the above kind of let on as to why I didn't haul my camera around too???  Oh my my...

But the pics I do have are just precious!  This was the first time that all of the cousins have been together all at once!  The kids were just soooo good with Maguire!!  I can't stress that enough.  They loved on him and were so gentle and just simply enthralled to be around him!!  I love watching them with him!  It seriously just fills me with pure joy!!!  Cheesy, I know!

Look at these cutie patooties...they just LOVE their baby!!!  Looking at these pictures just makes me so happy knowing that Maguire is going to grow up with this crazy bunch of yummy little kiddos!  They're going to make some pretty awesome memories together, I'm just sure of it!  Not to mention all the trouble I'm just sure they're bound to get into!

One more thing....just so I don't forget...Mr. Man weighed exactly 10 pounds even at his 2 month checkup.  However, though he is gaining weight (and his pediatrician wasn't concerned in the least), that only puts him in the 11th% for weight.  Though for height, he is in the 70th%!!!  So he is a long, skinny little bird!!  Needless to say, I've been letting him gorge quite a bit and I swear I'm going to pack some meat on his little bones by his 4 month checkup!!!! 

Oh and...one more thing to mention so I can look back on this time fondly :)  Our little presh continues to only get up once in the middle of the night!!!  Our bedtime routine continues to be fairly consistent with him going down for bed around 9 after bathtime and his last feeding around 8:30.  He's also putting himself to sleep without hardly any fussing which is so awesome!!!  I better go find a piece of wood somewhere to knock on........Enough of that, enjoy these precious little pictures!!!




Hi Mom, you didn't brush my hair very well today!!


Izzy, Elyse, Eli, Maguire, Kinley, and Mason

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the pictures! I've uploaded all of mine (which took over 5 hours, no lie) but haven't even looked at them yet. Love you!

    ReplyDelete