Monday, March 12, 2012

Recent Happenings...

Yes, I have lots of other events and fun things that I'm going to blog but I thought I would take a second tonight to post a few pics from the past few weeks around here!


Maguire LOVES to do any kind of crafty activity!!!  Anything that has to do with odd parts or things he technically shouldn't have, he has the most fun with!  Isn't that the way it always is though?!


I got an idea online to do a little sensory/fine motor activity with him the other day using just random tid-bits we had around the house, a water bottle, and my hot glue gun. 



We worked on putting objects inside the bottle.  He actually does pretty good with this!



He LOVED the rocks!


Some paper clips and rubber bands...



At the end I just added some water and hot glued the lid on.  He loved watching everything roll around in the bottle, but mostly he just kept throwing it around like it was a football!  Which, by the way, is our new obsession.....any kind of ball makes this guy SUPER HAPPY!!!



Speaking of his latest obsessions...I HAVE to post a pic of Maguire and his little tushy carrying around his stuffed animals!!!  He now sleeps with a stuffed animal and you will often find him toting one around the house too!  Only the softest of course!  Top faves are a stuffed monkey, Mickey Mouse, and a soft little lamb!!! 

And what kid doesn't love running around the house naked??  He sure does!!  I have more pics of this that are hilarious but they all had a lot of full-frontal nudity so I thought I'd spare him!!!  But seriously though, this tush????  Isn't it the most darling thing ever?!!!


We try our best to color around here but this guy is notorious for fisting up as many crayons/colored pencils/chalk as he can get his sticky little fingers on and running out of the room!!!  Usually waving his arms all crazy and wild (right next to walls!) as he thinks it's hilarious because he knows we are going to chase him!!!  So needless to say, not a lot of coloring actually takes place!!!  But he sure does like to tear out the pages:)



Not a lot of pictures due to above described scenario equaling Mommy chasing after baby!
Doodles is ready for a road trip I think!!



He told me he wanted to go visit his girlfriend, Brynlee!!




I know I haven't talked about it on here yet but our little guy has also become a very picky eater!  He doesn't get it from me!  I blame that one on his father!!!  About one week before his first birthday, he suddenly didn't want to eat fruits and vegetables.  At the same time, he had a cold so I just chalked it up to being due to that.  Ummmm no.  That's not the case.  We now have to be very particular about everything we feed him, including the order in which we add it to his tray!  He is really weird about texture and color freaks him out too!!  Especially anything green!  He will literally gag at just the touch of a green bean!  I have tried and tried to sneak things into his bites and I swear, he just knows!!!  Smart kid!  So pureed foods it is!!  I can get away with spreading some things onto his food but I have to be very careful about how much, the color of it, and how I present it to him!  Weird, I know!  But apparently, this is incredibly common for kiddos his age!  Thankfully though, he LOVES him some meat, cheese, and bread!!!!  Whew!!  He's a funny little fella!  He continues to teach me so many good life lessons!!!  Patience being one of them for sure!!!

Back to my pictures though...the reason I felt the need to recap is because I have found that Maguire will eat steamed baby carrots if I put a dollop of hummus in a bowl and stick them out of it!  He will also {sometimes} eat cucumbers this way as well!  He is my child after all....Loves Cheese & Hummus!!!

I'm not kidding....the boy inspects his food!!!



He would lick the bowl clean if his tongue would reach!



This weather has been UH-Mazing!!!  The babe loves to be outside and we are loving it too!  We got the Bob out again and have gone on a couple runs, which feels so darn good!  He is such a good boy during the ride and is always kicked back enjoying himself!  I look forward to many, many more runs in the upcoming months:)

We've also fired up the grill which makes Daddy very, very happy!





Forget being held....he wants down to play!!!  Maybe we can bribe Grandpa Dave and Daddy to get our swingset put together soon;)  That's going to be awesome this spring/summer!!!


 
Did you catch a glimpse of those beautiful teeth??!!  I think they're so stinking cute!!
 Okay, so I think that's about good for tonight!  This time change has me all sorts of tired so I better head to bed!  Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. You need to get a Little Tykes set right now that he can climb all over. That way you won't constantly have to spot him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I totally get what you're saying about crafting. Eli would NEVER use crayons and sit and color. But if I gave him markers, glue, kid scissors, hole punches, he would get after it. He's still like that. He doesn't like kids toys, he wants the real stuff!

    ReplyDelete