Thursday, March 15, 2012

Balance

Balance....I'm constantly striving for it.  I never knew what a challenge it was until I began this beautiful journey into motherhood.



I have to admit, I was always that person that talked smack on stay-at-home moms, saying, "Must be nice!  I would take a nap every day.  My house would always be clean.  The laundry would always be done.  I would craft and shop and bake goodies and always give the most amazing homemade gifts!  What the heck do you DO all day anyway!?  And don't forget...I would be in the best shape ever because I would workout all the time!"

Enter reality....



All of that was a straight load of crap!  Being a stay-at-home-mom has got to be one of the hardest jobs EVER!!  Which is one of the reasons I am so very thankful for the career that I have!  I am able to have the best of both worlds!!!  I get to stay home with my little munch most days out of the week, but yet I still get to {shower, finally!!} dress up, go to work, have adult conversation and do seemingly important things for people! 

It doesn't mean that I don't question it at times.  Of course I deal with the guilt and wonder if Maguire questions where I'm at during the day!  But I'm probably giving myself a bit too much credit there:)

Some days it's hard leaving my baby and going to work, but we are so blessed to have Michael off one day out of the week to watch him and my amazing mom keeps him the other day so it makes it so much easier!  It's days like today, though, when I come home to my smiling {food-covered} baby, that I realize I'm doing the right thing!  



I see his smiling face and watch him rush into my open arms and I realize that he MISSES me!!!!  He truly does!  And it feels so good!  And I see how dirty he is from supper and listen to Michael's stories about the adventures and mishaps they've had together during the day and it just reconfirms for me that this is the perfect setup for our little family!



And then it's my turn to play with him and I get to just have down-time with him and I don't have to worry about supper or cleaning or laundry and it just feels so darn good just to spend time with my boys!





Take note of the smeared food all up in his hair...AWESOME!

In essence, it's almost like my days off!  It just makes the time I spend with my guys just that much sweeter!

Doodles digs out his Christmas mouse and plays a little kissy-face with him:)



So hats off to all the stay-at-home moms out there!  Props go to you!  I'm going to keep working on my balancing act over here!  In which, it is now time to shut it down and get to bed as I have to go back to work in the morning!

(And how 'bout all these posts in a row???  Hopefully all the grandmas will be happy with this!) 


No comments:

Post a Comment